The Filipino-American Association of American Canyon (Fil-Am) was formally established during a gathering of friends as a social, non-profit, non-partisan organization in September 2002. It is a cultural, educational, charitable organization. Fil-Am seeks to appreciate and cultivate values that will enhance unity and solidarity through cultural heritage, family and community service.
The association is 12 years old and its membership is growing steady. Fil-Am has been involved in community services like Pasko sa Nayon, Adopt-a-Highway cleanup program, co-chairing of the City of American Canyon’s 4th of July committee and Sining Kumintang, and Pista sa Nayon to name a few.
Fil-Am believes that our youth are the future and have been involved in youth scholarships. We also send donation to Bantay Bata and other charitable organizations in the Philippines during Christmas season.
September 2002 to Present
- American Canyon High School Alliance
- American Canyon High School Color Guard
- Bantay Bata, Philippines
- Caltrans Adopt-a-Highway Program
- Cebu Orphanage, Philippines
- Christian Help Center, Vallejo
- Holy Family Catholic Church, American Canyon
- Missionaries for Charity – Kalibo Aklan, Philippines
- American Cancer Society Relay For Life of American Canyon
- Scholarships to high school students
- Victims of the mudslide in Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines
- Victims of typhoon Ondoy through Sagip-Kapamilya Philippines